We run a pretty good sales team at Telephone Doctor. Several team members have been with us over 15 – 20 years. One even longer. Some have left after 3 weeks. My guess is those that have left, left due to one of these ‘reasons.’ Actually it’s not a guess. One of these reasons is definitely why they left.
Like all lists, it’s not final. There are other reasons, however, I believe you’ll agree this is a good start. Share with your sales team.
- They don’t practice their skills
- They’re not flexible
- They’re not a team player
- They don’t use their sense of humor
- They don’t use their imagination
- They don’t listen to management
- They make no effort
- They get too comfortable, too fast
- They interrupt too often
- They don’t ask enough open-ended questions
- They make too many assumptions
- They’re not sales minded in all areas
- They’re not able to handle corrective criticism
- They don’t have enough enthusiasm
- They have poor time management skills
- They don’t use their Saturday night personality during the week
- They don’t have a “Whatever It Takes” mentality
- They lose their focus
- They’re not able to deal with personality conflicts
- They don’t truly believe in their product
- They don’t understand rapport building
- They don’t understand ongoing customer service
- They have too many unqualified leads
- They lack confidence
- They don’t have long-term commitments
- They’re short sighted
- Honesty is a problem for them
- They don’t do any self-improvement
- They refuse to follow scripts – even loosely
- They don’t understand this list
- Wanna add your own?
Looking for some “bang & sizzle” at your next meeting or event?
Nancy Friedman is a featured keynote speaker covering sales, communication skills and customer service.
Nancy is president of Telephone Doctor Customer Service Training and has appeared on OPRAH, Today Show, CNN, FOX News, Good Morning America, CBS This Morning and hundreds of other radio and TV shows.
The author of eight books on sales, communications and customer service, Nancy is the spokesperson in the popular Telephone Doctor customer service training programs.
Latest posts by Nancy Friedman, The Telephone Doctor (see all)
- 5 Unique Ways to Get Your Customers to Remember You - August 2019
- The Customer Experience Starts Here - August 2019
- What’s Your Customer Service Grade Point Average? - July 2019
- Are You a Double Checker? - July 2019
- Selling to Women For Men AND Women 5 Key strategies - July 2019