By Nancy Friedman, Keynote Speaker, President – Telephone Doctor Customer Service Training
I used to work at a major TV station in Chicago and worked with a gentleman who soon became CEO of same. We remained friends until his untimely passing a year or so ago.
Within those years I learned a lot from him and one was the title of this blog.
We were having lunch at the infamous Wrigley Building Restaurant when a competitor came up to talk with him. I watched quietly as the conversation was filled with handshakes, smiles and complimentary words.
When the competitor left I said, “Wow, that was odd. You were so kind and nice; and I know he’s not one of your favorites.”
“Right,” he said, “but he’ll never know it.”
Then I saw a sign on my daughters Facebook page with those words on it, talking about the BULLY PROJECT.
I thought, I’m gonna take that to heart. There’s no reason to be mean to someone just because I don’t care for them. They hadn’t hurt me or my family. Merely an irritant to me. Could I ignore that and them & be a little kinder to them?
I tried it and it’s working. So at this wonderful time of the year I say to you:
BE A LITTLE KINDER THAN YOU HAVE TO – to everyone. It will do you a world of good. Start now. . . let’s do it all year round!
Latest posts by Nancy Friedman, The Telephone Doctor (see all)
- “How Can I Help You?” Is Not Necessary on Initial Greetings - February 6, 2019
- Sometimes We Hire People Because They’re Breathing. Some New Tips for You. - January 29, 2019
- A Telephone Doctor Assignment: CALL YOURSELF - January 23, 2019
- Have You Called You Recently? - January 21, 2019
- You Will Not Get a Great Customer Service Experience Without Great Customer Service Training - January 8, 2019