By Nancy Friedman, Customer Service Expert, Keynote Speaker, President, Telephone Doctor Customer Service Training
Interested in making your day better as well as someone else’s? Read on.
There are 5 three word phrases that can do that. Probably more, but we like these a lot. By the way, if YOU have some 3 word phrases that will helps others, let us know.
* You’re right. (A contraction I know, but still 3 words.) And are they powerful! Especially when you’ve been in a heated discussion and the other person has legitimate information and you didn’t. To agree and let them know “you’re right” is a powerful statement. You’ll gain a friend, keep a friend and often make a new friend. Especially when you were incorrect and then you let the other person know “you were right.” Powerful.
* I love you. Next to “dinner is ready,” this phrase isn’t used enough. Letting those close to you, friends, relatives, and others, know you love them, value them and enjoy them will never go to waste. And we all have heard stories of people who sadly ‘missed the boat’ shall we say and didn’t tell the right person “I love you” in time. Tell someone today. Say the 3 magic words – “I love you.”
* Happy to help. Those are customer service words you’ll find in all customer service Bibles. And coupled with that great big SMILE, it’s a real winner. But not just in customer service land; in your own kitchen, office, or wherever you’re asked to give a hand. A smiling ‘happy to help’ goes a lonnnnnnnng way.
* You look great. Now who wouldn’t want to hear that? Not too many folks can turn that down. It’s a great ego booster and will win you many points when it’s used.
* I was wrong. We started with ‘you’re right’ and closing with ‘I was wrong’ because those are very difficult words for some people to say. Stepping up to the plate, taking responsibility, admitting you were wrong is a huge step in the right direction. Said with the right tone, authority and conviction, this will help you in life, business and person.
As we like to say, there are more I’m sure. Have any you’d like to share? And feel free to share this. You’ll make someone’s day better, I bet.
Latest posts by Nancy Friedman, The Telephone Doctor (see all)
- Ineffective Email Words & Phrases – Are You Guilty? - February 14, 2018
- 2018 TOP JOBS FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE – WITH SOME CAVEATS - February 7, 2018
- It Take More Muscles to Frown. Why Overwork? - January 30, 2018
- 4 Semi-Useless Words You Use Every Day - January 24, 2018
- How You Can Fight ONLINE Sales - January 17, 2018