When we automatically say “NO” or “We don’t have it” or any other immediate rejection to a customer (or anyone for that matter), you’re turning the customer off and often, away.
When we adopt the BE A DOUBLE CHECKER mentality – “Let me Double Check that for you, I thought we were out of the blue widgets, but I’ll double check” it reduces the customer pain and they embrace the fact you’re not rejecting them immediately.
Become a Double Checker. It helps improve customer service and it could save the entire customer service situation. Double checking keeps you from totally rejecting the customer. They love it. And when we double check, often times we find just what the customer wanted.
Watch Nancy’s full Customer Service Keynote demo here.
Latest posts by Nancy Friedman, The Telephone Doctor (see all)
- Is Your Business Being Sabotaged By Your Own Staff? - May 15, 2018
- Ten Do’s and Don’ts Of Effective Telephone Skills & More Where These Came From - May 8, 2018
- Making Cold Calls? How to Handle Call RELUCTANCE and Call REJECTION - May 1, 2018
- National Small Biz Week - April 30, 2018
- Do We Owe The Millennials An Apology? - April 24, 2018