When we automatically say “NO” or “We don’t have it” or any other immediate rejection to a customer (or anyone for that matter), you’re turning the customer off and often, away.
When we adopt the BE A DOUBLE CHECKER mentality – “Let me Double Check that for you, I thought we were out of the blue widgets, but I’ll double check” it reduces the customer pain and they embrace the fact you’re not rejecting them immediately.
Become a Double Checker. It helps improve customer service and it could save the entire customer service situation. Double checking keeps you from totally rejecting the customer. They love it. And when we double check, often times we find just what the customer wanted.
Watch Nancy’s full Customer Service Keynote demo here.
Latest posts by Nancy Friedman, The Telephone Doctor (see all)
- Ineffective Email Words & Phrases – Are You Guilty? - February 14, 2018
- 2018 TOP JOBS FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE – WITH SOME CAVEATS - February 7, 2018
- It Take More Muscles to Frown. Why Overwork? - January 30, 2018
- 4 Semi-Useless Words You Use Every Day - January 24, 2018
- How You Can Fight ONLINE Sales - January 17, 2018