By Nancy Friedman, President, Telephone Doctor Customer Service Training; Keynote Customer Service Speaker
One thing we all know is no one likes to be rejected. You don’t – I don’t – the folks next door don’t. And certainly, our customers don’t.
Yet often we’re not able to satisfy folks – or even ourselves.
Today’s blog covers how not to reject folks immediately. We call it “Reject Gently.” And it works.
When something isn’t available, or not ready, or you don’t have it – whatever it is – the words, “Let me double check that for you” will save the day. Every time! Rather than blurting out a negative, start with a positive. Start with, “Let me double check that for you.” Sometimes we need to double check ourselves. Either way, it’s a good habit to get into.
What it does is . . . well, this 1:30 video blog says it best.
Watch it, enjoy and please share.
Latest posts by Nancy Friedman, The Telephone Doctor (see all)
- How to be an Island of Excellence in an Ocean of Mediocrity - July 17, 2018
- How To Handle IRATE Customers Video Blog - July 11, 2018
- Six Tactics to Improve Customer Service - July 5, 2018
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Effective Telephone Skills for EVERYONE - June 26, 2018
- T-L-C for Emails - June 19, 2018