By Nancy Friedman, President, Telephone Doctor Customer Service, Keynote Speaker
I walked into 3 different stores in a shopping mall the other day. Asked for three separate items. A simple: Do you carry XXX?
Got the same blunt “no” all three times. No other offer. No positive alternative. Just a flat REJECTION. How passive. (Oh wait, I did get a “sorry ’bout that.”)
Was I surprised? Yes and no. Naturally, my mind went into my training mode and I thought, “Poor things – they didn’t get any training. Not their fault.” But then I thought, “WOW. There’s always a Plan B. Even in selling. Especially in selling!”
It felt as though the folks who were there to help me were NUMB – YES, NUMB to customer service.
Whose fault is that? What’s your thinking? The store owner? The store manager? The clerk?
Let’s hear from you.
By the way, if you’re the store owner or manager, check out our online platform www.serviceskills.com to help your folks and your customers. You’ll thank me, because we’ll help your sales.
Latest posts by Nancy Friedman, The Telephone Doctor (see all)
- Ineffective Email Words & Phrases – Are You Guilty? - February 14, 2018
- 2018 TOP JOBS FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE – WITH SOME CAVEATS - February 7, 2018
- It Take More Muscles to Frown. Why Overwork? - January 30, 2018
- 4 Semi-Useless Words You Use Every Day - January 24, 2018
- How You Can Fight ONLINE Sales - January 17, 2018