By Nancy Friedman, Keynote Speaker – Customer Service, Communications, Sales. President, Telephone Doctor Customer Service Training
Unless you live under a rock, you’re seeing a lot about “being nice” on social media and other places.
So, I’m starting a club. I need members and the BEST NICE will win a I AM NICE mug. What else will you get from the BE NICE club? A lot of self-satisfaction, good feelings and in many cases a smile.
To be a member, you only need to do something ‘nice’ for/to someone.
Let me give you things I do that I feel are “NICE” things to do and then I’d like to hear from you on what you’re doing to be ‘nice’ to people. The best NICE wins the mug.
BE NICE HINTS:
* Waiting in line with a lot in your basket? Let the person behind you who only has 1 or 2 items go in front of you.
* Holding a door for anyone is always ‘nice.’
* See a mom or dad with 1 or 2 kids in the car behind you at the drive thru? Pay for them when you go through first or order a round of soda on you as you go first.
* See one of our fine military folks eating alone? See if they might enjoy company. (Or even pay for their meal – unannounced.)
* Send your mom flowers on YOUR birthday.
* Tell the little old lady in the mall who got all dressed up to go there how nice she looks.
* Pay someone a sincere compliment.
* Bring a box of candy when invited to dinner. Doesn’t need to be “Godiva.”
* Hand write (do you remember how????) a note to a family member you might not have talked with for a while. Or anyone you’ve not been around for a while. All appreciated.
* A phone call out of the blue to say: “Hi, you’ve been on my mind and wanted to stop and say hello.” Always NICE.
* Belated birthday cards are always a ‘nice’ thing to do.
* Someone trying to get in front of you in the traffic? BE NICE – let them in line.
My list is longer than I care to write, and besides … I’m looking forward to hearing from you on what you did nice or even if you were the recipient of a nice gesture, so we can sign you up as a BE NICE member.
Send me a NICE tip, something you do that’s nice, and the BEST NICE wins the MUG! Contest ends January 31, 2018.
Latest posts by Nancy Friedman, The Telephone Doctor (see all)
- “How Can I Help You?” Is Not Necessary on Initial Greetings - February 6, 2019
- Sometimes We Hire People Because They’re Breathing. Some New Tips for You. - January 29, 2019
- A Telephone Doctor Assignment: CALL YOURSELF - January 23, 2019
- Have You Called You Recently? - January 21, 2019
- You Will Not Get a Great Customer Service Experience Without Great Customer Service Training - January 8, 2019