By Nancy Friedman, Keynote Speaker, Customer Service Expert, President, Telephone Doctor Customer Service Training
ASAP has long been the acronym for “As Soon As Possible” and that, of course, is true in handling a frustrated, irate customer.
However, it’s also an acronym on one of the better ways to ACTUALLY HANDLE the situation. Our 4-point process has helped thousands of companies and folks make the very best of out some most unpleasant circumstances.
Use our ASAP technique to effectively diffuse and handle upset, angry, irate customers:
Apologize and acknowledge
Sympathize and empathize
Prepare to help
Feelings are key. We need to apologize sincerely, immediately, and follow up with action. Insincere responses, such as “Oh, I’m sorry,” won’t help and could even cause additional damage. Imagine you were the customer with that experience and ask yourself how you would want it handled.
Let’s break it down step-by-step. Watch this short video.
Latest posts by Nancy Friedman, The Telephone Doctor (see all)
- There is a Definite Difference Between Hearing and Listening - May 21, 2019
- TOP TEN Customer Service Mistakes And THE FIX - May 15, 2019
- Scripts Vs. Conversations - May 2, 2019
- Pricing issues and Customer Service - April 29, 2019
- What is Your R-T-C Factor - April 26, 2019