By Nancy Friedman, Founder and President of Telephone Doctor Customer Service Training; Keynote Customer Service Speaker
If you’re in sales, it’s obvious we remember our customers. But how do we get them to remember us? Consider these:
Number one – When you call a customer, don’t ask them how they are first thing; ask them if they have a moment to talk. It’s very considerate. Very few others do this. Be the one that DOES, to be remembered.
Number two – When you do have a good phone conversation, send a short email acknowledging it as soon as you’re off the phone. And yes, keep it SHORT. That’s not the time to send a squeal to Gone With the Wind. Also, same process after a face-to-face meeting as well. Don’t wait too long to do this.
Number three – After each order you get from a customer, send a handwritten thank you note. You will stand out. They will remember you.
Number four – Make them laugh. I have never met anybody who didn’t enjoy laughing. You don’t need to tell a joke to make somebody feel good or laugh. When you hear the laughter, they will remember you.
Number five – A sincere compliment works 100% of the time. Nothing gushy;-nothing over-the-top. A genuine compliment is always welcome and seldom forgotten.
Latest posts by Nancy Friedman, The Telephone Doctor (see all)
- It’s Always Important, but Never is Customer Service More Important Than the Holidays - December 2019
- Five Ways to GET Good Customer Service This Holiday Season - December 2019
- 9 Tips for Working with Your Spouse (Divorce – no; murder – can I think about it?) - November 2019
- Fixing Customer Service Impediments the EASY Way - November 2019
- How Long Do You Get to Make a Great First Impression? - November 2019